Why Wear a Bodysuit?
A bodysuit is an all-in-one garment which covers the torso and crotch, and can be a form of underwear. It often has a snap-crotch for easy access for toileting.
Many of us who are old enough will remember our mothers or grandmothers wearing these garments as “foundation” pieces; they were very popular in the 1960’s and the 1980’s, and in the 1990’s the bodysuit as upper-outerwear was, for a short time, very popular amongst adolescent girls.
Once a wardrobe staple, the bodysuit is making something of a comeback, and as an underwear item, it has much to offer women of all ages – especially during the cooler months!
Bodysuits are stretchy and are not unlike a one piece swimsuit in appearance. They create a slim and sleek line under clothing; bras and undies are all in one piece and there is no line where the bra ends or the undies begin.
Bodysuits are versatile. They can be worn in an array of ways and for an array of reasons:
- Warmth – wear a bodysuit in winter and you have no risk of bare skin if your top rides up for any reason
- Wear your bodysuit as a modest base underneath sheer tops or clothing with an open weave.
- High waisted jeans look great with a bodysuit underneath.
- Cropped tops look better with a bodysuit underneath them so as to avoid exposing the midriff if you’re not thrilled with showing it off.
- If you have a favourite kimono you want to wear, a basic bodysuit looks and feels better than wearing a singlet top which requires tucking in.
Why Choose a Bodysuit?
- It stays in place – no matter what
- It eliminates bulkiness of clothing that otherwise needs tucking in.
- It is flattering and slimming – acting like shape wear
- Snap closures make using the bathroom a breeze.
- It looks like a normal top – but better
Buy a bodysuit from Undiewarehouse. We have gorgeous bodysuits in store from Jockey and also from Ambra. You will look and feel amazing when you wear one – and will wonder why it took you so long to discover this versatile and comfortable garment!